How do I connect my computer to my printer with an Ethernet cable?
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on the back of your printer and the other end into a free Ethernet port on your PC.
- Click “Start | Control Panel | Hardware and Sound | Add a printer | Add a local printer.“
- Click “Next” to use the default LPT1 port.
- Select your printer’s manufacturer in the Manufacturer section and the model in the Printers section.
- If you have a CD with the correct drivers, insert it into your computer, click “Have Disk,” select the drive, then click “OK” and “Next.“
- Type a name for the printer in the Printer Name box and click “Next” to install its drivers.
- Click the “Do not share” radio button if you don’t want to share the printer on the network. If you want to share it, type a name in the “Share name” box, the location of the printer in the “Location” box and a short description in the “Comment” box. Click “Next.”
- Click the “Print a test page” button to test the printer by printing the default Windows test page, or click “Finish” to finish the printer installation.