This document is for HP Deskjet, Officejet, and Photosmart printers that use 564, 364, 178, 862, or 920 ink cartridges and HP Printers Ink System Failure and Display Error Code ‘0x245Cb9V3’ have a removable print head. An Ink System Failure error message or an error message with numbers and letters such as 0xc18a0001for displays on the printer control panel or computer.
The Ink System Failure error message might display with an alphanumeric code and the alphanumeric code might display by itself. HP Printers Ink System Failure and Display Error Code ‘0x245Cb9V3’ for Soe errors begin with ‘0x…’, while others begin with a ‘B’ or ‘C,’ and they are usually preceded by the word Error. To the exact text of the error messages varies by the printer.
Step A: Use genuine HP ink cartridges
HP recommends that you use for genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality and reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use these genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue.
Step B: Reset the printer
In some cases to a printer reset can clear the error message.
- Turn the printer on or if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer this is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on and disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Step C: Check estimated ink levels
- The error might be caused by for a low or empty ink cartridge. If an Ink Alert to message displayed before the error occurred replacing the ink cartridge for might resolve the issue.
Step D: Clean the ink cartridge vents and contacts
Ink buildup or debris on to the ink cartridge contacts and vents might cause an ink cartridge error.
Gather the following materials:
- A pin to the clean any clogged vents
- A clean or lint-free cloth